Posted by Carolyn | Posted in Around Napa, bike path, electric bikes, entertainment, family vacation, hotels, sightseeing, things to do in Napa | Posted on 06-04-2011
Tags: activity ideas, beaulieu vineyards, bike rentals, book a room, chic hotel, corporate rate, easy transportation, family vacation, fitness center, growing Napa, Marriott, marriott promo code, modern hotel, Napa spa, planning a vacation, renting a bike in Napa, robert mondavi, spirit to preserve, starbucks napa, VINE bus, where to rent a bike in Napa, where to stay in Napa
The $7 million dollar renovations at the Napa Valley Marriott has just been completed and I had a chance to see the new digs. I am happy to report that it looks pretty amazing… very chic and modern. The new restaurant, VINeleven, looks fantastic with a circular bar and a HUGE showcase wine fridge in the back. I was able to take a look at the blueprints last year, but no one can ever imagine the final look so this was a mighty surprise to see the new makeover. What I really love is the new Starbucks kiosk with prepared food from Executive Chef Brian Whitmer’s kitchen. So if you need a yummy picnic to put in your bike basket, this is the place to get it! Also grab a Starbucks from here before your bike ride if you need a pick-me-up!
Other things that I love about this new 4-star hotel is:
- The open restaurant with TVs and booths
- The circular bar
- The two seating areas
- The pool and the large doors that will eventually open up so people can mingle outside
- There’s a concierge lounge as well that I haven’t seen finished yet, but it looks very “VIP-ish”. Hopefully I’ll post some of those pictures soon.
All the employees who I’ve talked to so far all have high energy about the new renovations. The vibe is definitely there. So there are some key points that I would like to mention about this property that some people may not know about.
- There is an abundance of parking! No valet parking necessary… which I love. I know there are quite a few hotels where there is no parking and you MUST valet park (I will not name names here) but I find it quite irritating when I am forced to valet park because sometimes I don’t have the patience to wait 10 mins more or less for them to find my car and PAY for it. Especially San Francisco where you HAVE to pay usually $50+.
- If you have an electric car, there are car chargers across the street!!!! There are 2 designated spaces (if not 4) at the Park N’ Ride. I had written a post about it before, but it got lost through WordPress updates. I’ll write it again soon!
- The VINE Bus Route is also across the street! It can take you to Downtown Yountville, Downtown St. Helena, Downtown Calistoga and everywhere in between. Yes, it actually does stop at wineries that are along Hwy 29 such as Mondavi and BV. So if you are on a budget and are limited on time to see a couple a places, this might be your best best. Just an FYI, it’s $1.35 per ride and the few times that I’ve been on it in a year, it’s never been packed… once I was on it by myself. Oh yeah, just a head’s up — each bus has bike racks for two so you can take our electric bikes up north to Calistoga and hit up the wineries that are off the beaten path.
- There is a hiking and mountain biking park that is walking/driving distance from the Marriott. It’s alittle over a mile to get to. Unfortunately I’ve only been there once to bike ride and the views were quite stunning! 360 views to be exact.
- Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s across the street. Need I say more?
- Wine Tasting from different wineries from 5-6pm in the lobby at the hotel for guests. From what I understand, they’re all different each night.
On top of everything that I mentioned, there’s also a pool, a spa, a fitness center and electric bikes. If you don’t know who I am, I am the “bike girl” located on the property (I am not employed by The Marriott, I am employed by Change of Greenery). You can find me behind the Napa Marriott Spa where I’ll be shooting visitors off on bikes to every direction. We have bike maps that go North, East, South and West.
This hotel really does have it all and honestly I’m thinking of staying here for my birthday next month. It’s going to be an amazing year at this hotel!
Also, I just got word that our electric bike riders can get 10% off of their rooms. It’s the Marriott’s Spirit to Preserve.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll email it to you.